Students will have the opportunity to win these pair of all leather size 10.5 Air Force Ones. A little extrinsic reward for extra motivation, you bet… These shoes will be earned by any summer program student that wishes to participate. Participation is not required, but it is highly recommended even if you can’t fit the shoes. Once you’ve earned the shoes, you can do what you wish with them.
Here are the details about how to earn them on June 19th.
- Students that wish to participate will have to write a 3 to 5 paragraph essay and will have following topic options: why they deserve the shoes, plans after high school, or how they will budget the money earned from the summer program.
- Students should remember that I expect the following to be included in the essay: an introduction, body paragraphs with supporting details, and a conclusion.
- Students should view the rubric (below) because I will be grading for grammar.
- The winner will receive the highest grade on the essay. Once I grade the papers, the winner will be handed the shoes…
- If you think this is too much for a free pair of shoes, ask me where I got them from. Also, remember that nothing in life is free…
Due Date: June 19th
Grading Rubric [here]
Value of Essay = 90 points